I am so disappointed.
Carmine have decided to end their beauty box and have “joined forces” with GlossyBox.
Carmine customers were expecting to receive their March edition box this week but no contact from the company was made at all prompting rumours that they were either closing down or joining services with She Said. Carmine would not respond to any e-mails or posts asking about what was happening.
Today existing subscribers received an e-mail which I’ve copied and posted below:
I have no idea what prompted Carmine to make such a move.
I loved Carmine because
- They provided a perfect mix of skin care and make up
- They often provided at least one or two full sized products
- Everyone got the same products
- They had an awesome loyalty points scheme.
- They had a good customer service team
- I used and loved every product they ever sent
- At least one item was specific to your beauty profile
I hated GlossyBox because
- It’s mainly skincare….far too much skin care!
- Their boxes are extremely hit and miss.
- They over hype their product
- Customer service is shockingly bad
- There are 3 different boxes each month and you have no say in which you get. The value of each box varies wildly so you may end up with a box that isn’t worth the £12.95 you paid.
Why are so many Carmine customers complaining?
I mean we’re getting a discount right?
Well that may be but many Carmine customers switched from Glossybox in the first place because of the points made above.
Carmine are well aware of our thoughts on Glossybox, after all there were tons of new customers posting on their facebook page about why they left Glossy.
I really don’t think that Carmine customers are going to like the way Glossybox operate. When Carmine had to switch two products in their February box they were inundated with complaints, I can’t really see these people switching to the glossy service where it really is a lucky dip as to which products/box you get.
This move makes no sense to me at all and in my opinion it seems that it is 100% about the money rather than looking after their customers. I would rather have had them join up with the new box service She Said and create a new, well run service than sell out to Glossybox simply because it’s more well known.
Why I’m so mad
Carmine must have known that February would be their last month of trading. They would have had to have started sourcing and buying products for their March boxes in February or even earlier so they definitely knew they weren’t continuing.
I feel they would have had a better reception if they had been upfront and honest and told it’s customers “look, we can’t carry on and February will be our last box.”
Instead they have actively sought new customers and charged new subscribers for a box they were never going to receive. I myself have referred so many of my readers, colleagues, friends etc to the service and Carmine were still accepting these new customers and their money last week or two when they were already shutting up shop. I feel completely let down. And I feel like I’ve inconvenienced all of my lovely readers that signed up from my blog link.
I could have found a replacement service already and had a box this month, at this late stage many other services have already released their March edition and are sold out.
Are you a Carmine customer?
- You do not have to transfer to Glossybox. This is your money, take a look at other beauty box services. Don’t just go off the sales pitch on their websites, look at their facebook pages too to get a real idea of how they treat their customers and what they actually receive.
- You will not automatically receive a GlossyBox. You have to subscribe on their website and if you do sign up with them you won’t get a box in March as Glossy March box came out at the beginning of the month and is sold out. You’re going to have to sign up quickly to get a box in April.
- If you had a fix term subscription (i.e. 6 month, 12 month subscription) or were charged for March as a new subscriber then you will be reimbursed, this process has already started and will be completed by the end of this month.
- If you ordered a gift box for someone….they aint going to get it. You’ll be reimbursed of course but you’re going to have to find an alternative gift (which sucks if you were expecting a gift this month and it’s too late to get another gift box on time).
- The product buyer for Carmine has moved to She Said, if you liked the products then it may be worth waiting to see what She Said put out and see if it’s similar.
- If you had enough points for a free box (50+) then you are entitled to compensation. You should receive an e-mail shortly with the following options: £5 for every 50 points, donation to charity for each free box or you can receive a box with products left over from past boxes. All choices must be confirmed by March 31st so make sure you respond to the e-mail by then. If you don’t get the e-mail you can still contact Carmine via Facebook and Twitter.
I think we should have seen this coming really.